Issue of duplicate certificate in housing societies

Share it

By Legal Bureau

Issue of duplicate certificate
If any application is received by the managing committee for issue of duplicate share certificate the managing committee has to insist on the member to give undertaking.
The co-operative housing societies has to follow the procedure laid down in the Act, Rules or bye-law and not to go according to the provisions of Companies Act, while issuing duplicate share certificate.
Undertaking should be given by a member of co-op. Housing society on five Rupees stamp paper.

1. I, Shri./Smt………the member of the ………..Co.op.Housing Society Ltd. at………hereby solemnly declare that I had purchased FIVE SHARES of Rs. FIFTY each of the above mentioned society bearing Nos….to……… I hereby further declare that the share certificate No………dated………for the above said Five Shares issued to me by the said society has been lost, mislaid or is not traceable.
2. I hereby further state that I have not transferred the said share certificate to any other person/Persons nor created any charge or mortgage on it in favour of any Bank, Financing Agency, Employer or any other person or persons.
3. I hereby further solemnly declare and undertake to agree to indemnity or keep the society indemnified against any risk as to damages, costs and consequences arising out of any legal proceedings started against me as a result of my unlawful dealing with the said share certificate, in which the society would be involved.
4. I hereby undertake to surrender the original share certificate to the society, if traced subsequently.

Place :
Date : Signature of the Member
Name of the witnesses with their address
1. Signature of witness
2. Signature of witness

2 thoughts on “Issue of duplicate certificate in housing societies

  1. Hello,
    After applying for a duplicate share certificate it will take approx 15-20 days to receive the certificate in hand.
    You need to publish ad in local newspaper . We can help you to publish Loss Of Equity Shares ads in 2 Newspapers start from Rs. 750/- onwords* only. Just give us call at 9699606000 assistant will help you in process.

  2. Original share certificate issued by the society in the name of erstwhile first owner of the flat, was handed over to the Secretary of the Society after payment of transfer fee demanded. Despite consistent follow up it is not endorsed in the name of new owner and the new Committee says that they have lost the share certificate. How to get new certificate/ duplicate certificate/ endorsement in the name of new owner?
    Please guide me.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Verified by MonsterInsights